It could be fantastic to immediately furnish your new home with all of your favorite items. With all of those features, your new home would be a visual delight. How long, however, will this beauty last?
Design and appearance are important. However, it is a good idea to spend some time researching the manufacturing method and materials utilized to create that home decor item. Acrylic name plates and glass name plates are two well-known name plates available in the market.
Most people go for these name plates to give their house a beautiful look. Also, you will get a customized acrylic nameplate online.
Now let’s jump into the discussion section and take a look at the acrylic name plate and glass name plate; their description and which one is better for your home.
Unlike wood or steel, which are clearly recognizable, acrylic is a less well-known substance. It possesses all of the characteristics of glass. Acrylic sheets are shatterproof, making them a good substitute for glass. Acrylic, unlike wood, has exceptional water resistance. It’s even used in aquarium construction.
Acrylic is one of the greatest materials for outdoor signage because of this. Acrylic is used in the majority of roadside hoardings and retail shop boards. This is proved that acrylic name plates can withstand the elements. Also, acrylic name plates are easy to clean. A damp cloth can be used to clean acrylic nameplates.
It is not layered like wood. It’s simple to clean and take out. They are long-lasting and paint-free. Electrical upkeep is required, hence the cost is slightly more than etched or laser-cut nameplates.
Some of the examples of Acrylic home name plates are given below:
Engraved Acrylic Name Plate
Laser-cut acrylic name plates
LED acrylic name plates etc.
Glass Nameplates :
Glass is a cost-effective option that also enhances the home’s design. Glass name plates can also be utilized in offices, shops, and other business settings. Glass name plate gives an elegant look to the home and also comes in a wide range such as:
Simple glass name plate
Frosted glass name plate
Backlit glass name plate
Personalized glass name plate
Opaque glass name plate
Hassle free glass block name plate etc.
Acrylic Name Plate vs Glass Name Plate:
Both Acrylic and glass name plates are highly used name plates for home and various commercial uses. But when it comes to choose from acrylic name plate and glass name plate you need to consider few things like the most important thing : durability. Now a days acrylic name plates are comparatively more preferred than glass name plates. Acrylic name plates are an excellent substitute for traditional glass name plates for many reasons:
- Acrylic sheets are as strong as glass: It may come as a surprise, but moulded acrylic sheet is thirty times stronger than conventional glass. This is due to the fact that acrylic sheet is a type of plastic with a lot more flexibility. While processing moulded acrylic, there is just a minor chance of it shattering.
But conventional glass is comparatively more delicate and there’s always a risk of it breaking down.
- Acrylic sheet is lighter than glass: Acrylic sheet, also known as plexiglass, is twice as light as conventional glass, which comes in handy for projects like hanging an acrylic barn door.
- Acrylic name plates are cheaper than glass name plates: Anyone, who wants to save money may consider investing in an acrylic name plate. Acrylic name plates are not only less expensive than glass name plates, but they are also simpler to cut to size.
- Processing acrylic sheets is comparatively easier than glass: When processed, regular glass has a considerable chance of shattering, while acrylic sheet has no such concern. Processing options for plexiglass or clear acrylic are nearly infinite. These sheets can be sawed, milled, drilled, engraved, glued, polished, and bent (heated).
- Acrylic sheet is more durable than glass: Acrylic is a long-lasting material that will not fade or deteriorate. It will keep its wonderful looks for years if you maintain it on a regular basis. Acrylic sheet is as energy efficient as regular glass. Acrylic sheet is also UV and moisture resistant, this is what making it ideal for outdoor applications.
- Acrylic sheet has comparatively higher level of light transmittance: Clear acrylic lets through 92 percent of available light, which is higher than conventional glass. It lets more light through than glass, even in thicker sheets. You can choose tinted or matte acrylic if you need some protection from the sun or privacy.
- Acrylic is a safer alternative to glass: Acrylic sheet is perfect for applications that require a high level of safety since it is significantly more difficult to break. In addition, it is 30 times stronger than glass. Acrylic sheet is frequently used for balcony glazing and aquariums for this reason.
In India name plates can help you make a positive first impression by complementing your home’s design. A house’s entrance serves as a portal for energy to pass through on their way inside. Hope this article has enlightened you about the differences between the trendy acrylic name plate and glass name plate. Now you can choose wisely as per your choice and requirements.