The answer to the question “is it possible to become an actor without acting education” is unambiguous – yes, you can. But it should be borne in mind that the profession of an actor requires a person to give full dedication and constant self-improvement. If you are ready to do a lot of independent work, hardworking and disciplined – try it, sometimes luck smiles at talented people!
Getting Started: Tips and Tricks
- To start an acting career and become an actor like Alia Bhatt, you will have to go through all the stages yourself. To make your journey easier, we have put together a detailed action plan:
- The first and one of the most important points in terms of importance is attending acting classes and studios with a theatrical bias. These courses are both paid and free. On them, you will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for the profession from experienced teachers.
- Reading special literature about theater and cinema. These can be textbooks on the theory of acting and directing, books about the history of the theater, or memoirs of famous actors.
- Visiting performances. Observation is a great way to learn and gain new experiences. You can always spy on new acting techniques and new beautiful prom dresses from professional artists.
- Audition for amateur theatre. Enthusiasts who are in love with the profession always gather in such theaters. In the public theater, you can not only gain new experience and professional skills but also become part of the theater community and acquire professional contacts.
- Acting classes with an experienced teacher. In individual lessons, the teacher works with your personal requests, adjusting the training plan to suit your needs, besides, along with the teacher, the process of liberation and getting rid of the clamps is faster.
- Drawing up a reading program. This is useful, firstly, for memory training, because in the future for acting work you will have to memorize large amounts of text, and secondly, it is necessary to prepare for auditions and acting tests.
- Creation of an actor’s portfolio and profiles on actor’s websites. Now there are a large number of online services for finding actors. It functions as follows: the actor publishes his photos and a profile with information about his professional skills on the site page. In such a questionnaire, everything is usually indicated – from the ability to drive a car to the knowledge of foreign languages. Agents in search of an artist of a certain type with the necessary set of skills often resort to the help of such sites.
- Creating a video business card – a special video that is usually sent to acting agencies. The purpose of such a video is to show how you speak and look in the frame.
- Participation in extras on the set of TV shows and movies. It is not at all difficult to get to such shootings, they usually do not impose any special requirements on extras, moreover, acting education is not at all necessary for them. Participation in extras is a great way to get to know the world of cinema better, find out how this area works, make professional connections and acquaintances. In addition, the history of cinema knows many cases when actors from extras were offered small episodic roles. Who knows, you might be lucky too.
- Entry into the database of acting agencies. To do this, you need to send your portfolio, profile, and video business card to their email. Find on the Internet the addresses of all the acting agencies in your city, do not limit yourself to a few, the more letters you send, the higher your chances of being noticed.
- Participation in castings organized by film companies and agencies. This is a chance to get a role in an advertisement, TV project, or movie.
Self-development of the acting profession is a long process that requires perseverance and determination.