Deepika Padukone is the most popular Bollywood actress who has won the heart of the entire nation with her debuted film “OM Shanti OM”. Also, she is known as one of the most talented actresses in the industry. Let’s uncover the facts of Deepika’s work and life.
The birth-date of Deepika is 5 January 1986; she is 33 years old as in 2019. She was born in Copenhagen, Denmark and spent her childhood in Bengaluru, Karnataka, India. Since her childhood, she is fond of playing badminton and it has been a special interest as her father is a national Badminton player. Deepika always wanted to become a national player like her father and has played several national-level badminton competitions in her school days. From the age of 8, she started acting in several advertisement campaigns and that was the kick-start to her career as model-cum-actor.
Height: Deepika Padukone’s height is 1.74 m i.e. 5 feet and 8 inches. She was first cited for her height and figure and thus called fashion icon in India. Her height helped her to achieve the highest rank in the list of most attractive Indian celebrities.
|Height:||1.74 m i.e. 5 feet and 8 inches|
|Weight||approx. 127 pounds (58 Kgs)|
Family and background:
Deepika belongs to a Brahmin family. Her father Prakash Padukone is a former badminton player and first Indian player to win All England Championship. Mother of Deepika Padukone, Ujjala Padukone is a travel agent. Anisha Padukone, sister of Deepika is a golfer.
She completed her schooling from Sophia high school, Bengaluru and her pre-university education from Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru. She also enrolled herself in IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) for B.A Sociology but couldn’t pursue her degree due to her modeling career.
She started her career as a model under the direction of fashion guru, Prasad Bidapa. In 2005 she walked on the ramp for the very first time in Lakme fashion week where she was representing the designer Suneet Verma and at that time she was only 17 years old.
Deepika first came into notice after Liril soap commercial and the second time she was highly admired for the print campaign for Kingfisher calendar.
After deciding modeling as her profession, she moved to Mumbai to stay with her aunt. Then she got a chance to appear in the music video “Naam Tera” by singer Himesh Reshammiya. From there she received many offers for various films but because she was naïve, she started to take acting classes at Anupam Kher’s acting institute- Actor Prepares.
She made her debut with Kannada film “Aishwarya” as the lead actress. Rumors say that the movie Saawariya was offered to Deepika but due to unknown reason, the role went to Sonam Kapoor. In 2007, Deepika made her Bollywood debut with Farah Khan’s film “Om Shanti Om”.
Deepika has also worked in a Hollywood film namely “XXX: Return of Xander Cage”
Nihaar Pandya was the first boyfriend of Deepika. She was in live-in-relationship with this male model before making her entry into Bollywood. It is said that she left him to target higher in her acting career.
She was in a relationship with well-renowned actor Ranbir Kapoor and even she gets a tattoo of “R” initial of Ranbir on the nape of her neck, but unfortunately, the relation lasted for a year only.
As a rising actor, Deepika dated Yuvraj Singh, the cricketer for a while but the relationship ended soon as Yuvi started interfering in her personal life.
She has also dated Siddarth Mallya for a few years. The big businessman and Deepika together; was the talk of the town but she broke up stating “irreconcilable variations in class and status”.
Ranveer Singh: The handsome hunk Ranveer Singh was the final choice of Deepika and they got married on 14 November 2018.
|Favorite Actors||Aamir Khan, Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favorite Actress||Hema Malini, Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi|
|Favorite Food||South Indian Food, notably, Dosa, Upma|
|Favorite Movies||Dilwale Dulhania le Jayenge (1995), the color of Paradise (1999), Cinderella Man (2005), Mary Poppins (1964)|
|Favorite Perfume||Hugo Boss|
|Favorite Book||very little ladies|
|Favorite vacation Destination||France|
|Favorite Indian Designers||Tarun Tahiliani, Manish Malhotra, Rohit Bal|
|Favorite Color||White and Mauve|
- She received Filmfare award for “Om Shanti Om” in 2008 as Best Female Debut.
- She has also earned IIFA award for Best Female Debut for “Om Shanti Om”
- In 2014, she got Filmfare award for “Goliyon ki Raas Leela: Ram-Leela”
- She received Filmfare and IIFA for “Piku” in 2016
- The cleavage controversy: In 2014, the Times of India tweeted about the cleavage-show of Deepika, due to this the actress became furious and wrote “Yes I am a woman. I have breasts. I have cleavage. You got a problem?” and received support from many other leading newspapers.
- The charges of Infidelity: Deepika was charged for Infidelity as the reason for breakup with Ranbir Kapoor. Then she broke her silence and cleared “The first time he cheated on me, I thought there was something wrong with me or the relationship, but when someone makes a habit of it, you know the problem lies with him. Yet I was foolish enough to give him a second chance because he begged and pleaded, despite the fact that everyone around me said he was still staying.”
- KWK controversy: In the chat show coffee with Karan, Deepika made a statement that Ranbir Kapoor should start endorsing a condom brand.
The net worth of Deepika is 102 crore rupees at this time.
- Deepika was a national level badminton player before entering to Bollywood.
- She is non-vegetarian
- She received Model of the year in 2005 by Kingfisher Fashion award.
- Deepika is fond of South Indian Snacks and Indian attires such as sarees, choodidaars and applying mascara.
- She dislikes negativity sand showing off
- Salman Khan was the first to offer a film to Deepika after identifying her potential but she was not ready to act at that time.
- She has learned dancing at Shiamak Davar’s academy
- She has learned Jujutsu for “Chandni Chowk to China” movie.
- She is the first actress to give four consecutive hit movies.
- She was a freelancer writer for HI city in 2009.
- Deepika is associated with Olympic Gold quest, NGO run by her father that help Indian athletes to achieve their goals.
- She adopted a village of Maharashtra, Ambegaon as the part of Greenathon campaign.
- In 2012, she was named as a most beautiful woman by People magazine
- In 2010 and 2014 the FHM (Indian edition) named her as Sexiest woman in the world.
- She launched her own clothing brand in 2013, All about you
- In 2015, she started an organization The Live Love Laugh Foundation to create awareness of mental health in India.
- She also owns a flat In Beaumonde Towers, Prabhadevi. It is said that the Siddhartha Mallya bought it as a gift for her.
- She was the highest-paid actress of India in 2017.